Adolescents, Health, Media and communication, Gender
Extension Education aims at empowering people by enabling them to utilize the
available technology and resources. Extension Education has a crucial role in
national development. Extension being the major thrust area of the department,
the faculty and students actively participates in Community Development
The Department lays emphasis on fieldwork in urban slum communities and exposure
to rural communities. The Master’s programme prepares students for professional
services in educational institutions as well as extension/community projects.
The Diploma programme equips students to work in varied media organizations.
• To develop socially responsible professionals in Extension
• To undertake research and develop relevant database in
emerging areas of Home Science.
• To link higher education with need based services for
community development with special emphasis on women
• To collaborate with industry, institutions, professional
bodies for teaching, research, extension and consultancy
for academic excellence.
Commitment to the cause of
women’s empowerment through access to education, particularly higher education,
through relevant courses in the formal and non-formal streams.
|Head of Department
Dr. Mira K Desai
• Ph.D. in Extension Education
• M.Phil. Programme in Extension Education
• Masters in Extension Education
• M.A. in Media and Communication
• P.G. Diploma in Communication and Media
• Dr. Mira K Desai (I/C & Associate Professor)